|Clap of Thunder|
|CLASS: Anti-Personnel||COST: 4,650eb|
|STRENGTH: 6||MU: 5|
|PROGRAMMING: 186||DIFFICULTY: 31|
|OPTION(S): Superrealistic Icon|
|COST MULTIPLIER: x25 (Anti-Personnel x25)|
|ICON: A rippling wave of black electricity.|
|DATA: The Icon of the netrunner shouts, “Clap of thunder!”, then claps his/her hands together to cause the rippling effect in the ‘net. The attack will cause 4d6 points of neural damage to the target ‘runner and will push him/her back 1d6+1 spaces. Continue reading “Programming 106: Everyone's Kung Fu Fighting!”|
[ newstate, i.s.a. ]
Newstate ist der neueste Staat der Incorporated States of America (I.S.A.). Er entstand aus der Zwangsvereinigung verschiedener vormals getrennter Staaten im Nordosten des Landes zum Zwecke einer “Revitalisierung” der seit Jahrzehnten von Krisen geschüttelten und im Niedergang begriffenen Vorzeige-Region der alten USA.Speziell der Niedergang New Yorks im Nachgang des nuklearen Terroranschlages und das desaströse Ende der Arkologieprojekte während des Zusammenbruchs haben zum faktischen Ende des Wirtschaftsstandorts Nordost Continue reading “Cyb3rpunk | New State City Setting”
You got to watch this amazing movie! He can pick up a screw with this arm! It has enough feedback for the user to drink from a glass bottle without breaking it.
Older news showing todays technological advances as predicted by the Cyberpunk Writers:
- Cyberpunk Tech 8 – Exosceleton
- Cyberpunk Tech 7 – Brain-Computer interface
- Cyberpunk Tech 6 – Cyberarm
- Cyberpunk Tech 5 – Autos and motorcycles
- Cyberpunk Tech 4 – Cybereye with telescope
- Cyberpunk Tech 3 – Bionic Arm
- Cyberpunk Tech 2 – artifical hand and muscles
- Cyberpunk Tech 1 – Roboter tastert ohne humane Kontrolle Menschen
Programming 105: It Ain’t Over ’til the Fat Lady Sings!
|CLASS: Anti-Personnel||COST: 15,250eb|
|STRENGTH: 8||MU: 11|
|PROGRAMMING: 366||DIFFICULTY: 61|
|FUNCTION(S): Anti-Personnel, Disguise|
|OPTION(S): Movement Ability, Trace, Auto Re-Rezz, Recognition, Invisibility, Memory, Speed, Endurance, Pseudo-Intellect, Superrealistic icon|
|COST MULTIPLIER: x25 (Anti-Personnel x25)|
|ICON: A silver humanoid figure with no facial or sexual features to distinguish it. However, with its Disguise function it can assume the structure of any program or form of any netrunner it has come across in its past.|
|DATA: Keep your friends close and your enemies closer. Unfortunately, with a Faceless Hunter after you, you’ll never know which is which. Continue reading “Programming 105: It Ain't Over 'til the Fat Lady Sings!”|
Abenteuer: Der verfluchte Koffer
Ist ein Szenario, welches ich gestern [17. Jan. 2008 – Die Redaktion] erfolgreich geleitet habe. (=> Erfolgreich: Spieler überlebt und Ziel erreicht.)
Night City: 3. Sept. 2020, 21 Uhr, ein beschissener Mittwoch, mit noch beschissenerem Wetter.
Die Stadt, die nie müde wird. Nie müde, dich zu ficken…
Dein Kopf beklagt sich noch über die Dosierung des Alks und der Designerdrogen vom gestrigem Tag. Der heftige Regen der rhythmisch gegen das verdreckte Fenster knallt ist auch nicht das Beste für deine Kopfschmerzen. Aber was zur Hölle hat dich Continue reading “Abenteuer: Der verfluchte Koffer”
Many people think that Cyberpunk 2020 is outdated, because the game makes assumptions on the future that – meanwhile – have proven to be wrong.
That’s okay. Let them. They are right.
But: What can be done about that? There are three basic “roads” open to “revamp” or adjust Cyberpunk 2020 to keep it up with the pace of technology and society:
- Ignore the problem. Hey, to err is human. To ignore is divine. You can just say that Cyberpunk 2020 follows a timeline that may have been our own up until nineteen80something. But which went another way since then. This way you can just stick with the oversized mobile phones and the huge “computer in a suitcase” stuff from CP2020. Our world went iPod. CP2020 went Cyber. Deal with it – by not dealing with it.
- Revamp the system. This is the Cyb3rpunk way to go: Either redo the whole system (or use the HARDWIRED setting instead, which is less of a contradiction to our “real here and now”) or – if you don’t want to trash your ongoing CP2020 campaign – move the timeline ahead 5-10 years and use this “gap” to place historical events that explain the change in the setup (you can use the articles tagged “cyb3rpunk” on this website for inspiration).
- Use your imagination, dammit! “So a mobile phone costs over a hundred eb and still looks rather huge in CP2020? Well, players, of course you can have a sleek mobile phone for free from one of the corporations – but I thought we were playing CYBERPUNK here. And Edgerunners sure are paranoid, so they use “overexpensive” (and dead-ugly) mobile phones from a small manufacturer in some far-away land that doesn’t sell out its customers to the IRS and the LEDiv.” This third road is somewhat a mix of the 1st and 2nd way to handle “contradictions”. It’s not the most elegant (that would be totally revamping the setting) nor the most time-efficient (that would be to ignore everything), but it takes “the best of both worlds”. The only thing you have to do is take a fresh look at CP2020 tech and gear and make up explanations for seemingly (key word!) incorrect prices and stats. Memory Unit seem too small? “That’s 1 MU for Data PLUS the necessary encryption or license attachment”. Laptop computer seem too huge? “That’s because in 2020 you need extra powerful radio transmitters to cut through all the electronic smog”/”That’s including acid rain protection”/”That’s the model of the only independent manufacturer left in the ISA”/”That’s pimp style, because size DOES matter”.
|CLASS: Anti-Personnel||COST: 10,500eb|
|STRENGTH: 8||MU: 8|
|OPTION(S): Movement Ability, Recognition, Invisibility, Endurance, Superrealistic icon|
|COST MULTIPLIER: x25 (Anti-Personnel x25)|
|ICON: A well dressed gentleman in a black or navy blue suit, a white, gray, or baby blue dress shirt, a black tie and shoes, and a pair of mirrorshades.|
|DATA: This program was an inspiration after a rogue hunter/bounty hunter tried to flatline me and my crew during a netrun to Afrikani. He was good, real good! But like Icebreaker says, “There is safety in numbers especially when the enemy doesn’t know when they’re there.” Hit Man can be programmed with the necessary data it needs to kill it’s intended target as well as containing a short message. It will attack from teh shadows of the ‘net and do 1d10 points of neural damage to the drekhead until it’s dispatched or the ‘runner is dispatched. Either way, someone or somethin’ is gonna die!|
|CLASS: Anti-Personnel||COST: 9,750eb|
|STRENGTH: 4||MU: 6|
|PROGRAMMING: 234||DIFFICULTY: 39 Continue reading “Programming 104”|
Just when you think you have seen everything, including Hello Kitty Gun Designs, you find something really new, like this approach to a truly “all-terrain” motorcycle:
The info about the bike comes from this site, where it reads:
“You may not have room in your garage (or budget) for a dirt bike and a snowmobile and a four-wheeler. But what if one vehicle could take the place of all three? That´s the idea behind the Hyanide, a wild concept vehicle created by German designers Oliver Keller and Tillman Schlootz for the 2006 Michelin Challenge Design. This year´s competition showcased vehicles made especially for California´s diverse and often rugged topography. Named for its supposed resemblance to a crouching hyena, the Hyanide is designed to run on a flexible rubber tread that spans the machine´s entire underside. So if any part of the bottom is touching the ground, the Hyanide should be able to move, no matter how deep the quagmire, no matter how rough the terrain. (…)
Both the front and rear of the Hyanide rotate into a turn, which would give riders extra control while making sharp turns or climbing hills. To drive the vehicle, you´d steer with your hands as well as your feet, and you´d wear special shoes that snap onto the pedals, like on a racing bicycle. To turn left, for example, you´d push the right side of the handlebar forward, to point the front of the tread left-it´s the same motion as on a motorcycle. At the same time, however, you´d also push back on the right pedal, angling the rear of the tread into the turn. This action would twist the tread into a crescent shape and whip the Hyanide around a turn.
The Hyanide currently exists only as a one-fifth-scale model, and Schlootz and Keller have no plans to bring a production version to market. Keep your fingers crossed, though-Hyanide´s unique drivetrain impressed a lot of automotive-industry heavy hitters at the Challenge Design. Maybe one of them has an overcrowded garage.”
Thanks to the guys from the Battlelords of the Twenty-Third Century RPG Forum, who brought my attention to this gem.
Attitude stays everything – dies gilt in der von Marken und Ersatzkulturen beherrschten Welt von 2035+ noch mehr als je zuvor. Jeder cyb3rpunk Charakter wählt einen Cult als seine persönliche Identifikationsbasis.
Jeder Spieler kann selbst bestimmen, wie stark seine Hingabe zu „seiner“ Szene ausgeprägt ist. Diese Hingabe wird in Form eines Rang (= REP innerhalb jener Szene) ausgedrückt und kann am Start 1 bis 3 Punkte betragen. Im Falle, dass der Spieler Continue reading “Cyb3rpunk | Attitude STAYS everything”
This Article on DMNews.com makes some educated guesses about changes to be expected for the year 2020. As might be expected, the picture the article paints is rather grim, even though the predictions are not made by a conspiracy theorist or neo-luddite, but a marketing man.
Here are some excerpts “for immediate use” with your Cyberpunk 2020, CyberGeneration and esp. Cyb3rpunk campaign:
“Auto tracking. Every car will be required to have a transponder, and automated highway readers will record all trips. The transponders will allow agencies to monitor driving habits and to issue electronic tickets for violations. The system will collect fees for using congested roads, replace parking meters and prevent undesirable people from driving in certain areas. For example, pedophiles will not be permitted to drive near schools. Driving with a malfunctioning transponder will be illegal. A black market will emerge in cars registered to “clean” or dead individuals.”
Can you say “new business ventures for fixers and techies”? I thought you could. Continue reading “Predicting a Dark Future 2020”